Compilation of all the Write-Ups which i found on Discord/Internet for the OpenAI Reinforcement Learning Challenge.
Leaderboard status after the contest has ended.
1. World Models applied to Sonic
Github link: https://github.com/dylandjian/retro-contest-sonic
Write-Up based on the World Models paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1803.10122.pdf
2. Train a Reinforcement Learning agent to play custom levels of Sonic the Hedgehog with Transfer Learning
Write-Up on Transfer Learning. This implementation is for the 5th place in leaderboard with a score of 5522.
3. Using Deep Reinforcement Learning to Play Sonic the Hedgehog
Another algorithm based on the World Models paper: https://worldmodels.github.io/
Implementation of World Models using pytorch.
5. OpenAI Retro – Collision Maps
6. Retro contest solution
Source code for #8 place in Leaderboard and score of 5365.36
7. My final submission: the Improved JERK.
Implementation based on JERK algorithm.
8. OpenAI Retro Contest – Guide on “How to Score 6k points on Leaderboard in AI Challange”
My try on the contest with tuning of the hyperparamters.
9. Agents for OpenAI Retro Contest
Source Code: https://github.com/seungjaeryanlee/retro-agents
Well documented approach using Rainbow DQN.
10. OpenAI Retro Contest Report
(15th place): Rainbow DQN with NoisyNet exploration and expert replay
Those are all the write-ups which i was able to find.
Thanks for sharing those write-ups!
Those are a great way to learn about Reinforcement Learning algorithms and how we could improve our approaches.